AFFCAD UK (“us”, “we”) respect the privacy of every person who visits our website (“you”) and are committed to ensuring a safe online-experience. This privacy statement outlines the personal data we may collect about you and how we may process it. This privacy statement also tells you about your rights to control this data.
Responsibility for your data
AFFCAD UK is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data such as your name and email address in order to reply to your query. This information is used to administer and respond to you and to retain records of our communications.
Our legal process for processing personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, organisations are required to have a legal basis for processing personal data. The legal bases we use for processing data are:
- Legitimate interests for the purposes of fulfilling our activities and the provision of our services.
- Consent when people opt into our mailing lists.
We will only send you further information about AFFCAD UK if you have actively consented to us doing so (e.g. you have opted to join our mailing list). Individuals signed up to receiving these can withdraw their consent at any point.
Collection of personal data
Our primary goal in collecting personal data from you is to give you an enjoyable customised experience whilst allowing us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs. We only collect personal data from you through data inputted through enquiry forms (if submitted), newsletter subscriptions (if joined) and site usage data.
Under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed. This Policy provides you with information in relation to how your data is processed. This ensures that we are transparent about what we will do with the information you supply to us.
- Right to object to the processing that is likely to cause you damage or distress. Where you challenge the accuracy or lawful processing of your information, we will consider this.
- Right to receive an electronic copy of any information you have consented to us holding. You can ask us to provide you with the personal data about you we hold, securely and in a machine-readable format, so it can be moved, copied or transferred to be used across different services or for you to give to another organisation. This is called a subject access request and we will need to verify your identity before giving such information.
- Right to object. We will ensure that we have the right consents in place for sending you information. You can unsubscribe from our mailings and remove your details at any time. If you wish to stop receiving communications from us, you will be able to do so by contacting email@example.com
- Rights related to automated decision making. If there is additional profiling based on the information we hold, then you can object to us making decisions about you based on such processing.
You can make a request at any point by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to a request within one month of receipt.